
After yesterday's meltdown--which wasn't major, as they go; there was no weeping involved, always a good sign--it's nice to sit here and be able to think of three beautiful things without straining. (This is the kind of thing that makes my sisters and me call ourselves Weebles: We wobble but we don't fall down...)
1. Being reminded, without looking or asking for it, that my friends love me.
2. Music--in this case, Patty Griffin and Ron Sexsmith: lovely melodies, satisfying words. Bliss.
3. The internet, which gives me the music and the connection to the friends, and the words of wisdom I find when I need them, and...
and a fourth, just because...
4. Mocha Fudge Ripple fat-free frozen yogurt. It probably sounds dire, but I love it more than regular ice cream; relatively little satisfies me.
So, today? A good day.

6 comments:
Your friends do love you. You are the lovable sort.
What a great list. I totally get what you mean about the icecream. I love Ben & Jerry's Fudge Brownie LF frozen yogurt much more than the full fat variety.
Glad yesterday was a better day than Thursday.
Katy,
Since you gave me the idea for a nice way to pay tribute to Atticus, I wanted you to be the first to know. Here it is:
http://todaysbeautifulthing.blogspot.com/
I want to post daily, so I've decided that finding one beautiful thing a day is doable no matter how busy I am. The colors are not really boyish, but they are much more uplifting and cheerful, which is in keeping with Atticus's spirit. What do you think?
Glad to hear you're feeling better :-) Now, WHO makes that yummy sounding frozen yogurt?????
It's made by a company called HP Hood--sadly, I think they only distribute in New England...
Well, darn. Guess I'll just have to stick with Ben and Jerry's or the local gelato. Rough life, I know *g*.
How odd. I wonder why my posts showed up as Anonymous. Obviously I'm post 1 and 2. Hmm...
Post a Comment